This tiled table could be restored for the palace of Oranienbaum thanks to a private donation in 2005© All rights reserved.
OBJECTS IN NEED OF RESTORATION
Appeal for donations for works of art in need of restoration
We need your help! Works of art need your support – urgent restoration required!
A number of works of art within the palaces of the Kulturstiftung DessauWörlitz are in an unsatisfactory condition and require urgent restoration.
The palaces and houses of the Kulturstiftung DessauWörlitz contain precious works of art and arts and crafts objects. The significance of the paintings, furniture, faiences, porcelain, mirrors, antiquities, miniature bronze figures and other valuables is not only measured by their inherent high value, but also by their being a part of the enlightened ideology of Prince Franz and the neo-classical concept of ideal beauty he propagated. The majority of these objects are part of the original interiors that were programmatically designed by Friedrich Wilhelm von Erdmannsdorff and still survive to a large extent.
For many decades the countless precious objects could not be given the level of attention they deserved, with the result that today only a few items can be certified to be in a satisfactory state of preservation. Some valuable and rare objects are in a poor or even critical state which prevents them from being exhibited.
With the following list of miscellaneous but altogether important objects we would like to present you with a selection of our conservational »problem children« whose survival depends on your support. We would be delighted if you decided to take care of one of them and support their restoration, which would help save important works of art from ruin and put them back on display. Thank you in advance for your support.
As a thank-you for your help we will include you in our published List of Supporters and invite you to join us for a gondola tour and picnic in one of the most beautiful spots of the Garden Kingdom or alternatively sponsor a weekend in one of our stylish and comfortable holiday homes.
If you do have any questions or would like to obtain further information, please contact Dr. Wolfgang Savelsberg, Head of the Palaces/Collections division.
Current objects in need of restoration:
- Porcelain figurine »Jay on a Tree Trunk« by J.J. Kaendler, Mosigkau Palace
- Neo-gothic desk, Gothic House
- Two gaming tables, Mosigkau Palace
- Porcelain figurine »Couple as flower girl and flower boy« by J.J. Kaendler, Mosigkau Palace
- Musical Longcase clock with harp mechanism by J. R. Fischer, Mosigkau Palace
- Two landscape paintings, in the tradition of Lorrain, Schloss Wörlitz
- Painting »The repose of Venus«, attributed to Domenichino, Schloss Wörlitz
- Painting »Eberhatz«, Peter Boel, Mosigkau Palace
- Painting »Wreath of flowers with Virgin Mary and Child«, Adriaen de Lust, Mosigkau Palace
- Paintings, four of the six portraits showing noble French ladies, unknown French artist, Gothic House
Dr. Wolfgang Savelsberg
Interimsanschrift: Ernst-Zindel-Str. 8
+49 (0)340 / firstname.lastname@example.org