To protect and preserve the Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz as one of the UNESCO’s Word Heritage sites, and to make it accessible to the public, involves an amazingly great number of responsibilities.
From the restoration and reconstruction of gardens and palaces to the planning and preparation of exhibitions as well as the production of publications – in order to fulfill our duties and responsibilities, we very often rely on the support of public bodies, corporates and of course private individuals.
Be it in the shape of subsidies, donations, voluntary work or membership in the Society of Friends (Gesellschaft der Freunde des Dessau-Wörlitzer Gartenreiches e. V.), we are humbled to witness over and over again how well received the Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz is.
We would therefore like to take the opportunity to thank our supporters and benefactors, in particular:
- The Federal Republic of Germany
- The Ministry of State for Culture and Media and the Federal Commissioner for Culture and Media
- The State of Saxony-Anhalt
- The Federal Administrative Office
- The Royal Netherlands Embassy
- The Society of Friends of the Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz (Gesellschaft der Freunde des Dessau-Wörlitzer Gartenreiches e.V.)
- DBU – Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt (environmental foundation)
- Deutsche Stiftung Denkmalschutz (foundation for the protection of monuments)
- The Federal Arts Foundation (Kulturstiftung des Bundes)
- The Oetker Foundation
- World Monuments Fund
- Lotto-Toto GmbH Sachsen-Anhalt (state lottery company of Saxony-Anhalt)
- Mitteldeutsche Zeitung
- The East German Savings Bank Foundation (Ostdeutsche Sparkassenstiftung)
- Stadtsparkasse Dessau
- Kreissparkasse Anhalt-Zerbst
- Fritz Thyssen Foundation
- Förderkreis der Abraham und David Roentgen Stiftung e.V.
- Fielmann AG
- Getty Grant Program
- Fondazione Benetton
- Agentur für Arbeit
Many thanks also to all our private donors.